Author: Elias Rassi
In this Before the Shot analysis, we isolate one specific movement made by Corey Crawford that helped him secure good positioning to make a game-saving stop off Nashville’s Ryan Johansen as the clock wound down on the third period.Read More
Montreal Canadiens goalie Mike Condon’s shoulder check to spot Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis open for a cross-crease pass from Sidney Crosby is a key reminder for goalies about how gathering information can help them find balance between being passive and aggressive on cross-crease passes.Read More
What enables goaltenders to make good decisions is the ability to gather important information and quickly weigh the options presented in front of them by adjusting their positioning to cover against most threats, so it’s important to capitalize on time to look before they move, often referred to as “a shoulder check” or “scanning the ice,” something Reimer had time to do against the Winnipeg Jets this week.Read More
Earlier this week, MSG Network’s Stephen Valiquette and Chris Boyle made the case for New Jersey Devils goalie Cory Schneider as one of the NHL’s elite, in part because of how he holds his feet. So lets look at how this patience gave him the best option of reacting to a backdoor chance on a 5-on-3 penalty kill.Read More
Follow InGoal on Social
The filter terms that you have used didn't match. Please change the parameters.
Subscribe (it's free!) to receive our weekly newsletter and all our updates.
- Complete Guide to Professional Goalie’s Gear Setup and Customization
- Islanders Dipietro dons Osgood’s old mask to protect shattered face
- Halak honors Slovakian teammate Demitra with new mask
- How do the NHL, AHL and ECHL Differ – a Goalie’s Perspective
- Thomas answers questions on equipment, patience and technique
- Gatorade Sport Science Research – Fluid Loss in Goalies
- Mason pumped about Winnipeg, new Jets Mask with Iron Maiden Mascot