As training camp approaches for NHL teams, many questions need to be answered. One of the slightly less important questions, but one that many fans are interested in, is who will the captain and alternate captains be? The real importance of naming a captain can be argued, but the fact remains – teams have leaders, and leaders have been distinguished in the NHL by wearing a ‘C’ since as long as most can remember. Most players take pride in being named captain by their peers. Why Not Goalies? In the beginning, goaltenders were commonly seen as leaders and were...Read More
Author: Greg Balloch
The Calgary Flames and new GM Brad Treliving opened their wallet as free agency kicked off, inking former Anaheim Duck Jonas Hiller to a 2-year, $9-million contract despite the fact he was coming off three down seasons and lost the starting job to both Frederik Andersen and John Gibson.Read More
With the 2014 NHL Draft complete, fans itching to see what the goalies their team drafted are all about, and footage sometimes hard to find, InGoal has compiled clips of most of the goaltenders ranked on the central scouting list.Read More
With Kari Lehtonen leading the NHL in 2013-2014 with 65 games played, it marks the first time that not a single goalie reached the 70-game plateau since 1989-1990. Just four seasons ago, six goalies played in 70 games or more.Read More
Follow InGoal on Social
The filter terms that you have used didn't match. Please change the parameters.
Subscribe (it's free!) to receive our weekly newsletter and all our updates.
- Complete Guide to Professional Goalie’s Gear Setup and Customization
- Islanders Dipietro dons Osgood’s old mask to protect shattered face
- Halak honors Slovakian teammate Demitra with new mask
- How do the NHL, AHL and ECHL Differ – a Goalie’s Perspective
- Thomas answers questions on equipment, patience and technique
- Gatorade Sport Science Research – Fluid Loss in Goalies
- Mason pumped about Winnipeg, new Jets Mask with Iron Maiden Mascot