Author: Maria Mountain M.Sc.
Just because it is “Natural” it is not necessarily safe or healthy Regular InGoal Columnist Maria Mountain is an expert trainer of hockey players, including Stanley Cup Champions. Learn more about working with her at www.hockeytrainingpro.com Let me start by saying I love my Mom, she is great and was patient enough to raise my brother and me. I am pretty sure she does not read InGoalMag, so I think I am safe to tell this story about my Mom. When we were kids having potato chips or a can of Coke was a huge treat. In the summer...Read More
See more of Maria’s work at www.hockeytrainingpro.com You can be either a goalie or a circus clown – not both! I had an email from a fellow trainer who works with hockey players asking me to clarify the fad of standing on a stability ball for training hockey players. He just did not understand why he was still seeing this used for goalie training. To me, seeing this in a goalie’s off-ice training program screams not only incompetence, but negligence on the part of the trainer. As a strength and conditioning professional, your goal is always to weigh the risks...Read More
Do you ever talk yourself out of becoming better or achieving your goals? Why do we do that? I almost did that to myself on Saturday. I had a lot of work to get done, but I wanted to get out for a cross-country ski (one of my goals is to get out for a ski or snowboard every week of the winter). I found myself rationalizing my way out of going for a ski. Here are a few of my carefully thought out points of argument: You will have to get changed into your ski gear and that...Read More
Follow InGoal on Social
Subscribe (it's free!) to receive our weekly newsletter and all our updates.
- Complete Guide to Professional Goalie’s Gear Setup and Customization
- Islanders Dipietro dons Osgood’s old mask to protect shattered face
- Halak honors Slovakian teammate Demitra with new mask
- How do the NHL, AHL and ECHL Differ – a Goalie’s Perspective
- Thomas answers questions on equipment, patience and technique
- Gatorade Sport Science Research – Fluid Loss in Goalies
- Mason pumped about Winnipeg, new Jets Mask with Iron Maiden Mascot