Check out other Olympic Masks – Evgeni Nabokov and Tomas Vokoun

Artist Ray Bishop has worked with Ryan Miller since his days at Michigan State University. The story of the Olympic mask has been widely reported but as many news outlets picked up on it, Bishop tells us that the story got a bit muddled. We’ll try to clarify it a bit. The mask is by Gary Warwick as all of Miler’s are. Ryan himself presented a concept to Ray – who tells us that Ryan’s sketch abilities are fantastic, “…if Ryan needs another career after hockey, he could well be an artist.” Ryan’s concept though was general, centering around the Uncle Sam character, and then he left it to Ray to “run with it” – and run with it he did! This should be one of the most distinctive lids in Vancouver – look closely for all the layers of detail Ray has created.

I hope you enjoy this exclusive look at the lid – other news outlets have had one or two handheld shots but Ray provided us with some high-quality studio shots for inGoal Magazine Readers. Now head on over to Bishop Designs for more of Ray’s great work.

Ryan Millers Team USA Olympic Mask

Ryan Miller's Team USA Olympic Mask

Ray Bishop has been in close touch with inGoal Magazine since he allowed us to publish the first photos of a new Japanese-themed mask Miller wore last season – so many people love Miller’s traditional Sabres mask but I loved the new and more personal look he tried – unfortunately we won’t be seeing it again for a while because Ryan took a slap shot that broke the Chin off.

Tagged with →

6 Responses to Team USA Goalie Ryan Miller’s Olympic Mask – Exclusive Photos

1. Caroline says:

Thanks for sharing the high-res shots of the mask, I’ve been dying to see it in higher quality photos.

2. burgherRaveen says:

A slap shot broke the chin?

Who is the mask manufacturer, I’m dying to know.

The patriotic theme is over the top. America rolling up their sleeves? Gimme a break, the sad reality is how much big corporations and lobbyists are seriously undermining the rolling up of the sleeves meme. Pah!

I missed history class, was 1776 the year the Constitution was written up?

I’m not approving this mask, is what I’m sayin’. Furhtermore, if you’re going manga style, then go all the way, wuss. This is a bastardation of manga. LOL. Don’t make me laugh, manga style!

3. Logan Morgan says:

His masks are made by Warwick goalie masks.

4. john says:

It looks like the words tread on are written on the helmet. What does it say?

5. BIRDMAN says:

Come on AMERICA……….YES GIVE IT UP …….. LET’ S GO …..DON’T TREAD ON ME???? …..1776……….?….LOOK WHAT YOU GOT????…..WE NEED TO READ ……YES I HAVE……PLACING MY ORDER NOW ..NO MATTER WHAT THE COST…………………MAKE IT HERE…….OUR COUNTRY..

6. Tom Williams says:

Can someone tell me what uncle sam is holding? Is there a better picture of what he is holding?