Wrestlemania in Phoenix – Jason LaBarbera’s New Mask

Artist David Arrigo recently sent us an exclusive preview of the newest mask he was doing for Jason Labarbera – and we passed it on to all of our subscribers as the first of our exclusive pieces for those who follow us daily by RSS or email.

Today David sent us exclusive studio shots of the mask. It was going to be a longer project – until Jason asked for it to go on rush order because the WWE and Wrestlemania were coming to Phoenix! I can’t see an NHL goalie sitting in the crowd with his new WWE tribute lid on – so we have to assume Barbs will be meeting some of the guys and gals from the ring while they are there.

David’s quick description of the mask: “right side is Vince McMahon, Brett “the Hitman Hart”, chin is the Hitman logo, forehead: Coyote, left is Undertaker and Shawn Micheals.”

Wrestlemania Phoenix goalie mask

Wrestlemania Phoenix goalie mask

Wrestlemania Phoenix goalie mask

Wrestlemania Phoenix goalie mask

Wrestlemania Phoenix goalie mask
Wrestlemania Phoenix goalie mask

David is one of the Managing Partners for inGoal Magazine. Of course he finds time for some goaltending of his own as well, and despite his age, clings desperately to the idea that some NHL team will call him to play for them - though in his mid-forties it'll likely be for a practice when everyone else on their depth chart has the flu.

1. As a former fan of the WWF this mask is painted well but man is it ugly looking.

2. never been a fan of labarberas masks and this is no exception. the coyote looks terrible

3. Metallica masks were horrible. This one is a step further in ugliness,Sad.

4. Geeeeeesh, tough crowd! My main goal is that the client is more than satisified and I know Barbs is!

5. Don’t get me wrong, I think the mask is painted well, I just hate the theme. Not a knock against the artist, just the player who wanted that.

6. Absolutely Awesome! I am watching the Flames/Coyotes game right now and he’s wearing it… As a Bret Hart fan, this is great! I have always loved Labarbera’s Masks, always creative… Hopefully he meets up with Bret Hart, Undertaker, Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels and gets the mask signed after the season is over!!

7. faces never look good. Ugly.

8. I hate this mask. My point is a bit biased though since I hate WWE.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Hawks-Ducks, Beach Benched, TTMI Radio, Comparing the Hawks to other recent Cup winners, Colin Campbell emails | The Third Man In - [...] the same mask he’s been wearing since March of last season.  Labarbera had a special customized WWE “Wrestlemania” mask painted to…