Exclusive First Official Photos: Carey Price 2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens Mask

Exclusive First Official Photos: Carey Price 2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens Mask

Last weekend I met up with artist David Arrigo in Toronto for a chat and a chance to visit his studio. Shortly after meeting, his phone rang – “oh, so sorry, but I have to take this one…” The back and forth about the early pre-season and then some chat about when the mask will be ready made it pretty clear – he was talking to Carey Price.

Back at the studio I got the first glimpse of the mask with his hand-sketched outlines already in place and I have been looking forward to seeingthe finished product ever since.

Today David called and let me know the first shots of the finished mask were on their way to me and I’m pleased to present them for you here at inGoal Magazine.

Please drop by David’s web site to see more of his work.

David Hutchison

David is one of the founders of InGoal Magazine which he began in 2009. Of course he finds time for some goaltending of his own as well, and despite his age, clings desperately to the idea that some NHL team will call him to play for them - though in his mid-forties (OK, late 40s) it'll likely be for a practice when everyone else on their depth chart has the flu and the shooter tutor has gone in for repairs.

1. Pat Bateman

Sorry, but this is wrong!

2. Pat Bateman

In my opinion, the designs or forms in the background are meaningless… and the cowboys in red are fading… It looks sketchy!

3. andrew

I dunno, I am the furthest from a Price fan but this helmet really does it for me in comparison to his last cowboy helmet. The more I look at this years helmets, it seems that meaningless is this years method of thinking. Thumbs up from me on this one!

4. Dan Anderson

I don’t mind this one, I like the simplicity of it

5. Paul Niles

hey its what he likes, and its what expresses him the most and thats what you put on your mask what describes you the best. i have a pic of my 2 idols and my 2 passions in life on my mask, Patrick Roy for hockey and Eddie Vedder for music.

6. JS

This is so wrong !!!!

WE dont want to know whats your passions are …. Whats next ?! A “filet mignon” cause you like to cook ?!
    come’on .. thats so gay showing your passions …

Show the team colors and something thats close to the spirit of the team or city name.

7. anthony

fkn sickk yoo i love it

8. jonathon

just wondering here…what type of Bauer is that? Looking to buy a new mask and am very interested in this one. Does anyone know? It would really help!

9. Jay

I thought this shit is the bomb. As a former hockey player and part time cowboy it’s a good tribute. What alot of the people that don’t like it realize is that, if you’re from the west most of the Cowboys out here have played hockey and vice versa. Good Job..

10. annie

i love price. personally i hated the red mask with all the black. in fact, i hated the pads and gloves that went with it too. and like the way he played, although i still stuck by him. i didnt mind the 100 years one, but it was a little “not him,” if you know what i mean. this one and his other cowboy one are my favorites. they have kind of vintage looks. (his first one more than this one…) but this really suits him and his pads and he looks good and hes playing amazing. go price!