Revolution Conditioning Training Tip: “Renegade” Training Tools You Can Make at Home

Maria Mountain

You do not need a membership at a fitness club to make yourself a better goalie. You just need the will to prepare and some creativity. Today I want to share a few ‘renegade’ training tools that I use at the Revolution Studio. I made them all myself using equipment that I got from the hardware store and a camping outfitters. I am also going to show you one of my favourite training tools which is store bought but well worth the investment because you can take it anywhere you go.

So check out the video below to learn how to make and use the following renegade training tools:

• Sandbag
  • Pipe of Doom (not really doom, but could not think of what to call it)
  • TRX – totally store bought
  • Glider substitute

Hope you can use a few of these renegade training tools with your home based off-ice goalie training program.

Maria Mountain is the strength and conditioning coach to Olympic, World and Stanley Cup Champions. She specializes in off ice training for hockey goalies. Visit www.GoalieTrainingPro.com to learn more or click here for your free copy of the Ultimate Guide to Durable and Flexible Hips for Goalies

Maria Mountain M.Sc.

Hockey strength and conditioning coach Maria Mountain, MSc specializes in off-ice training for hockey goalies. As the founder of www.GoalieTrainingPro.com and the owner of Revolution Sport Conditioning in London, Ontario, Maria has trained Olympic Gold medalists, a Stanley Cup Champ and athletes from MLB, NHL, AHL, CHL, CIS and more. Try Maria's Goalie Stretch Solution today.

1. Pat Roy

Maria I love your articles & tips! I do pilates and your exercises fit right in with what I’m doing there.

2. Maria Mountain

Glad you like them Pat and glad that it fits with what you are doing in Pilates. Definitely more of a functional approach than some of the bodybuilding workouts you see out there. Thanks for the comment!
    Cheers,
    Maria

3. Natalie Lowe

Okay, Maria – we love your stuff and while we think it’s professional and well thought out – the dry comments are the best! “Maria, that’s just a plastic bag” – “no, it isn’t, it’s a renegade training tool” – we walked around the house saying this and laughing all night! You rock – thanks for the great advice and the laughs.
    P.s. are you wearing the vibram shoes – how do you like them?!?

4. Andres R

wow, I just came across the sight, ingoalmag.com and I decided to check out the training tab and I’m impressed. I’m a older player that is picking up the game again; I’ve stayed active throughout my sabbatical off the ice doing numerous exercises, in particular P90X. But now I’ll check here first for goalie specific training, many thanks; I hope this site expedites my recovery and improves my game, again.

5. Jason Peters

I have been using your trial program for a while and it has improved my butterfly 2 inches. I love this program and will be getting the full version very soon. Maria I love your program!

6. Clint

Always an inspiration. I have a game tomorrow night. This is just what I needed. Thanks.