Podcast Interview with Goalie Coach Steve McKichan
“If you want to be a better goalie, stop watching hockey”
A few days ago I had the pleasure of chatting with Steve McKichan about his experience as a goalie coach.
While we spoke Steve shared with me:
- his background as a former NHL goalie and then teacher who became a goalie coach.
- some thoughts on what separates top NHL goalies from others who might seem to be nearly as technically sound.
- Young goaltenders and what to work on in practice.
- Some ideas on how goaltenders can improve their games away from the rink.
- The fact that half the goalies in the NHL are European, why that might be and what Canada needs to change.
- Thoughts on equipment for youngsters
- Oldtimers working with goalie coaches
- and more!
Have a listen and then take some time to stop by Futurepro.com. Steve’s site is a treasure trove of information.
Perhaps the most exciting news here is that Steve has offered to write a bit for our site – so look for more interesting things from him soon.
And to top it all off, Steve has generously
offered to donate donated one of his DVDs for our readers. Come back on Monday and we’ll let you know how to throw your name in the hat for that one! Already awarded, sorry folks.