David Hutchison | Jan 29, 2019 | 0
Goalie News Sunday October 4, 2009
“It sucks right now, but tomorrow is a new day. I have to forget about this and move forward.”
The early season goalie woes have hit detroit already, and the controversy in Toronto only got worse last night after Toskala was pulled having given up 3 goals on 7 shots in just one period of work.
- Time for Leafs to unleash The Monster
- Opinion: Toskala Should Remain the Number One Goaltender in Toronto
- Howard Berger: Toskala’s Time Is Running Short
In Phily the early returns on Ray Emery are looking strong
- Emery great, Brodeur awful; Flyers rips Devils
- TSN.ca’s Bob McKenzie on Emery
- There’s something about ‘Mery | The Hockey Writers
Craig Anderson has also stormed out of the gate for Colorado, posting a shutout last night. Also earning a shutout was Antti Niemi as the Blackhawks played their second game in Niemi’s home of Finland.
- Avs’ Anderson stops 35 shots to blank Canucks
- New Goalie making an impact with Avalanche – Pueblo Chieftan
- Blackhawks Win: Niemi earns shutout in victory over Panthers
- Shutout or not, Niemi stays calm, cool, and collected
Was there a goalie under more pressure than Carey Price heading into the season? You have to hand it to him – he has Carey-ed the Canadiens so far.
- Canadiens can thank Carey Price for 2-0 start
- VIDEO: Price vital to Habs’ success
In Calgary, where Kiprusoff doesn’t always get off to a great start, there is real optimism. With the Flames outplayed for large portions of their first two games vs. Vancouver and Calgary Kipper has earned two wins for the Flames.
- Kipper in top form
- Flames Insider: Miikka on the magnificent save
- Fantasy Pool Look: Return of the Kipper
Speaking of slow starts, Vancouver and Roberto Luongo thought some early summer work and a hot preseason would help but so far the Canucks and Captain Louie have little to show for it
“It’s tough to feel good about your game when you’re 0-2 … I don’t feel terrible, but it would be nice to win. There were not a ton of shots, but a lot of odd-man rushes and breakdowns. We’re sloppy with our system and we’re making mistakes and that’s costing us some “
- Canucks tried to bring former goalie Dan Cloutier to Vancouver…
- Early Season Struggles are back for Luongo
Ilya Bryzgalov posts his first win for the team that a short while ago didn’t know where they would be playing this year, while in Washington Jose Theodore is keeping the critics at bay
- Bryzgalov posts first 2009-10 victory
- Theodore back in good books