Goalie News Thursday October 1, 2009
Here’s your goalie news for the first day of the 2009-2010 NHL regular season!
There is a great feature article in the National Post about Roberto Luongo, how he has moved past the Game 6 loss to Chicago, and ultimately how he will be remembered in Vancouver when his career finishes.
Other NHL Goalie News
- Jimmy Howard snags TSN.ca’s .
- Which goalie starts for Nashville on Opening Night? Even Barry Trotz doesn’t know
- The Hockey News picks the top preseason performers this year. Among them are Roberto Luongo, Chris Mason, and at #1 – Ray Emery!
- The Chicago backup competition:
- Lundqvist presence a huge edge for Rangers
- Carolina Hurricanes give Cam Ward 6-year contract extension
- Black and Gold: Penguins’ Fleury still learning, improving
- A look at the Phily goaltending:
Bill Meltzer: A tale of three goalies – Meltzer thinks Emery is sharp but the backup situation is far from clear.
“As for Backlund, the 28-year-old goaltender, has looked like a deer caught in the headlights in his NHL exhibition appearances. Last night, he turned in one of the worst performances I’ve seen a Flyers goalie have since the days of Stephane Beauregard or Frederic Chabot.”
- SI’s Michael Farber does a fantastic job of the Kevin Weekes to Hockey Night in Canada story.
See more here as well: Former NHL goalie Weekes excited about move from ice to broadcast booth
- Burke has significantly upgraded Toronto’s blueline corps, so Toskala can’t blame poor defence now No more excuses
and more on Toronto in Howard Berger: The Goaltending Conundrum
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Percentages
- Pascal Leclaire: Sens Savior? | Hockey From the Cheap Seats
- How To Choose A Fantasy Hockey Goalie
- SportsJudge Blog: Fantasy Hockey Goalies – Sleepers & Busts
- Nice Review of 2009-2010 Goalie Masks at ESPNs Uni Watch Blog
- Lions in Winter: Montreal Canadiens (Habs) News and Commentary ..
- The Canadian Hockey League today announced that
(Thanks to @jrhockeywriter via Twitter)
Photo thanks to John Bollwitt