Goalie News Tuesday April 7, 2009
Kiprusoff’s fitness causing fits in Calgary
Mike Keenan offered up a scouting report Sunday on his starting goaltender, Miikka Kiprusoff. “He was very energetic in the morning skate,” said the Calgary Flames head coach. “He’s having to play a lot, which is quite obvious. But he’s played well. “He looks very vibrant.”
For what the Bruins have in Tim Thomas, which is bona fide No. 1 netminder, they certainly did not overpay him.
- Goaltenders remain biggest question marks in Draft
- Goals-against keep mounting
Roberto Luongo’s save percentage over those trio of losses averages out at .843 and his goals-against average at 4.33, following Sunday night’s 4-1 win by the visiting Colorado Avalanche.
- Injuries, goaltending issues remain in Montreal
- Leclaire tripping out with Sens
The Senators had a new face on the bus for their trip to Montreal yesterday afternoon.
Goaltender Pascal Leclaire made his first road trip with his new teammates and will hit the ice at the Bell Centre this morning, likely in full equipment for the first time since having ankle surgery in January.
Could Thomas’ extension leave the B’s short of cap space?
- No rest for Carolina Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward just yet
- Giguere to be buried by Avalanche?
- Kovalev, Khabibulin, Backes are Stars of Week
- Ex-MSU goalie Ryan Miller getting calls about NCAA title game tickets
Sabres goaltender and former Michigan State standout Ryan Miller has heard from buddies that it is tough to get a ticket for tonight’s NCAA men’s basketball championship game at Ford Field.
- Osgood’s reward for good work is more work
Goalies in the Blogs
- Sweet 16- Ranking the NHL’s Goalies : T.O. Sports
- A View From the Cheap Seats » In Defense of Jose
- Saving Face: A Mask Exhibit « The Goalie Guild
- Johnson (hip) could end up losing the backup goaltender spot
- Puck Prospectus | Articles | Driving To The Net: The Ballad of Ilya and Mike
- Greatest Sharks: Goalie Controversy – Fear The Fin
- Capitals Kremlin: Will Johnson be Sidelined in the Post-Season Again?
- Mark Fenstermacher: The Silliness of the Greatest Ever.
- Top Cheddar: Five prospects who could make an impact in the Stanley Cup Players
- Stephan Stopped Short? – Starsscene.com
- intotheboards.net Minor pro Hockey news and Information
- Smith backstops IceDogs to win
Do you have a news item you would like published? Send it to [email protected] today!