Wanted: InGoal Intern
Are you looking to parlay your goaltending into experience in the online (and soon, print) journalism world?
InGoal is looking for an intern to assist with our growth and development.
Do you have a passion for goaltending? Do you want practical experience in online journalism?
This is a three-month renewable position where you will be paid exactly what our editors currently receive (yes! That’s nothing we’re afraid).
You’ll begin with some basic tasks: formatting and loading photographs, compiling news stories, assembling the weekly newsletter and more. As your skills grow so will the opportunities.
Training will be provided, you can work from anywhere on the globe with an internet connection, and the position will grow as your experience does.
At the end of course we’ll be happy to provide a reference to go along with the practical experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a goalie or serious fan of goaltending
- be a journalism student or at least passionate about a career in journalism (online or print)
- have experience with WordPress and other tools such as photoshop and excel.
- have experience with InDesign!
- be able to work independently and to a deadline
- have strong writing skills
Of course you probably don’t have all those skills – don’t be afraid to be in touch. We have the experience to help you grow and develop your skills.
If you are interested please email [email protected] Tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to join the InGoal team.