Henrik Lundqvist was solid in a 4-3 victory over Washington – but he won’t soon forget this goal and I’ll bet his teammates will have him up on charges in the Kangaroo court:
Lundqvist fans might also enjoy checking out Henrik Lundqvist in pictures
Pascal Leclaire got the best of Martin Biron and the Islanders 3-2 in overtime tonight. This one realy stood out for me as through the screen the Ottawa ‘keeper picks up the man on the backside with a remarkable grab.
It was Ryan Miller over the new Coyotes’ backup Jason LaBarbera as Miller stymies Coyotes
Here Miller flashes the leather with a solid stop on Scottie Upshall:
- Ellis makes statement in Nashville win
- Both goalies took a beating in NJ Devils’ shootout win over Lightning
- Penguins down Emery, Flyers 5-4
More on Ray Emery Ray Emery’s Rebirth: Diva Goalie Gets A Second Chance In Philly
- In Calgary people are getting excited that Mika Kiprusoff is off to a hot start for a change:
and Kipper pulled out another win 4-3 over Edmonton who are riding their big off-season signing
- More speculation on the Ducks’ goaltending situation and how Brian Burke might go after Giggy.
- In Dallas they are restless as well – Turco’s sub-par season last year has fans unwilling to cut Marty much of break:
- In Chicago they’re also getting restless about their goaltending – suggesting that tonight Huet was just average, while Osgood was the difference for Detroit.
While they agree in Detroit – Osgood backstops Wings past Blackhawks
- As Anaheim and Boston were taking on each other in game 1 of the Major League Baseball playoffs, the Bruins and Ducks were facing off on the ice as well. THe Ducks won 6-1 as Jonas Hiller made 33 saves while Tim Tomas let in 6 on 30 shots. You have to wonder if the only reason there aren’t a pile of Boston goaltending controversy stories now is the distraction of the baseball playoffs.
Tuukka Rask will get his share of work before long though you can be sure: Boychuk and Rask awaiting their turn
And speaking of Tim Thomas, you might enjoy this report on what he likes to do in his spare time: Meet Arguably NHL’s Biggest MMA Fan: Boston Bruins Goalie Tim Thomas
- Of course there are no shortage of goaltending stories in Toronto. Just when it looked like things might settle down a bit with a solid performance from the Monster, he goes down with an injury and Joe MacDonald gets the call from the Marlies. Ron Wilson said he’ll give Toskala the next three starts, but you can bet a few shaky goals will have the Toronto armchair coaches calling for last years’ Islanders number one MacDonald to get a shot.
We have the Gustavsson Injury reports covered in a separate story. Check it out here.
- Maybe we can put these last two together as “where are they now” stories though the rising star Steve Mason is also a part of the mix. Geeze, do you think Mason wants to be compared to Turek?
Find out what Richard Sévigny is doing now