If you watch TV you have no doubt seen some hockey player in some commercial smashing out a workout using Battle Ropes. They look VERY cool, which of course makes me immediately think… GIMMICK.
However… they are no gimmick. They are a wonderful training tool for any athlete.Read More
I have told you many times not to stand on a stability ball, but by kneeling on one in this drill goalies can add a new element to this “ball off the wall” eye-hand coordination drill.Read More
I am going to give you a Kettlebell (KB) exercise that you can do in the gym and this one will actually improve your hip mobility (remember: mobility is the combination of flexibility and stability).Read More
Shoulder pain can be common for goalies, especially on the stick side, because of our stance and how we hold that stick. These simple exercises will help, and you can do them anywhere, but you will probably be SHOCKED how hard the first one is for youRead More
It took Robin Lehner more than three month to come back from a “high ankle sprain” that occurred halfway through his Buffalo Sabres debut in early October, another example of just how frustrating this injury can be.Read More
Sometimes it can be fun at first. Maybe it had you hitting the gym hard for a few days or buying one of those workout DVDs off the TV. But it didn’t get you as far ahead as you thought did it? Here are some ways to stay on track before it is too late.Read More
Subscribe (it's free!) to receive our weekly newsletter and all our updates.
- Complete Guide to Professional Goalie’s Gear Setup and Customization
- Islanders Dipietro dons Osgood’s old mask to protect shattered face
- Halak honors Slovakian teammate Demitra with new mask
- How do the NHL, AHL and ECHL Differ – a Goalie’s Perspective
- Thomas answers questions on equipment, patience and technique
- Gatorade Sport Science Research – Fluid Loss in Goalies
- Mason pumped about Winnipeg, new Jets Mask with Iron Maiden Mascot